Cougars Weightlifting Club in Brisbane Qld is the largest and the best equipped weightlifting facility in Australia. We have over 100 regular training members that range in age from 9 to 60 and have represented Australia at Olympic Games ,Commonwealth Games and World Championships.
Cougars coaches who have coached at Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games and World Championships are some of the best and most experienced coaches in Australia and have developed some of Australia’s top lifters over the years including Olympic and Commonwealth Games athletes.
Many lifters from overseas and interstate have travelled to Cougars to experience the coaching, facilities and training atmosphere at the club and we have members from Brisbane and all over the state of QLD via our remote coaching services..
- Biggest and best equipped weightlifting facility in Australia
- Australian Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games Coaches, each with over 20years experience in coaching weightlifting.
- Non profit organisation. Cheap memberships and fees
- 21 platforms and 48 competition bars (29 Eleiko,14 Pendlay, 5 ZKC) and tonnes of Olympic weights
- Individual training programs and coaching included in the membership price.
- Beginners to Elite
- Competitive lifting and cross-training for athletes from other sports
- Other facilities include Sauna, iCoolSport Ice Bath and Ice Machine.
- Located at the Sleeman Sports Centre, South of Brisbane